Sunday, January 23, 2011

Embracing 2011

Last New Year's I was such a mess, I didn't even think about resolutions or goals.  With the anticipation of Match, and not knowing where we would end up, I was consumed by my fear of the unknown.  I was such a ball of nerves I could not even comprehend setting any resolutions, I just wanted to try and function without having meltdowns every day.  I know it sounds extreme, but I am a major control freak, and the concept of having no control over where we would end up was absolutely killing me. 

Anyways, needless to say, what a difference a year makes! I am in a totally different place (literally and emotionally), and therefore I wanted to set out to accomplish some goals for 2011.  And I know I know its already late January, but I did make this list, before, I just haven't gotten around to blogging about it.  And my point in putting it in writing is to keep me somewhat accountable and to document my progress. 

My goals for 2011 are the following:
  • Reach lifetime goal with Weight Watchers (by some small Christmas miracle I made my goal weight just after Christmas)
  • Run a half marathon (I've already signed up for one in May!)
  • Not sweat the small stuff
  • Be more organized
as well as accomplish the following daunting tasks, many which have only gotten larger and more intimidating as time passes:
  • Clean and organize my desk and around my desk
  • Clean and organize the file cabinet
  • Organize the office (with Mr. Dawkter's help)
  • Finish Mr. Dawkter's match scrapbook
  • Upload all old pictures to my computer
  • Make photobooks for 2005-2010
  • Organize our basement
  • Organize the guest room closet
The reason I want to do the above tasks this year is because I know that Mr. D will have a lighter schedule the next 5 months so I want to take advantage of his help, and get a little more organized before second year starts.  Once July rolls around, I expect his hours to be long and crazy (for the next six years), so we might as well try and be organized before the chaos begins. 

I've also become totally overwhelmed by all the digital photos I have.  I absolutely love taking pictures, but lately I find myself not wanting to take any because I know I am soooo behind in organizing all of them.  I know if I can get the pictures in files on my computer, and ideally in photobooks, it won't be as overwhelming to maintain all of the memories.  But for now, knowing I am years behind, just makes me want to stop taking pictures altogether!

So far I haven't gotten very far anywhere in the project department, (I just got back from Florida last week), but I have gotten up to six miles in terms of training for my half marathon!  (That's the farthest I've ever run in my life).  In order to try and be ready for the half marathon in May, I was shooting for 6 months by the end of January, 9 months, by the end of February, and 12 months by the end of March, which gives me an extra month in case I hit a hurdle or plateau along the way.

Happy (belated) New Year! 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Be-lated New Years to you too!!
    I think all those goals are very attainable. Enjoy the next five months of a lighter schedule - sounds divine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching your goal weight! I am just now getting started. I will think of you for encouragement! Good luck achieving everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My New Year's Resolution is to run a Half-Marathon in May too!!! I'm nervous, but excited!! I've never ran more than 5.5 miles before in my life!!! Good luck with training:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am you – last year – RIGHT NOW – I am going out of my mind – I need to plan, I live by plans. As do my friends – Marathon in June? Who knows!!!! Bachelorette Party in May!?!?! I DON’T KNOW! I am trying to back out now – leave it up to him to relax and go with the flow – Matt is sooo relaxed and I am stressed enough for both of us. I need to go back and read your blogs from last year, maybe it will help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good to get your goals written down! Makes them more real, I think.

    My advice for the photo situation - start organizing and get an idea of what you actually have. Then just pick a file and make a photobook! It helps to start to break the project up into manageable steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loev these goals!! I hope you are successful in achieving them all this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear your thoughts! Have a blessed day!

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010